- Space-Saving, Two-Piece Configuration: The IC-M400BB consists of a two-piece, black box configuration. All function control including DSC operation, can be made from the CommandMic™, HM-195B/SW, and the RF unit, IC-M400BB, can be installed in an out-of-sight place.
- New Intuitive User Interface: The new menu system is shared with Icom’s latest models. The bottom line of the dot-matrix display shows the software key functions which can be toggled with the left and right buttons.
- Active Noise Canceling: The built-in bidirectional active noise canceling reduces background noise to up to 90% and improves both your transmitted voice and incoming call. Hear and be heard more clearly. 10W Loud Audio, Public Address and Foghorn: The IC-M400BB has a built-in 10W amplifier that increases the audio output from an additional external speaker.
- The public address function allows you to make an announcement from the microphone like a loud speaker, and the foghorn can also be emitted from the external speaker.
- Built-in Class D DSC: The built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch. 70 (DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include: distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report, polling request and DSC test calls.
- Common NMEA Interface: When connected to an external GPS receiver, current position and time are shown on the COMMANDMIC display. When receiving DSC information from another vessel, the radio can transfer it to a navigational device via NMEA 0183 connectivity.
- AIS Target Call with MA-500TR: When connected to the optional MA-500TR Class B AIS transponder, the AIS target call function allows you to set up an individual DSC call from the MA-500TR.